Given the level of performance and style of early performance cars it is sometimes easy to forget that they are vintage automobiles. Vintage Certification vehicles are unrestored and original. They are those vehicles that have significant areas that remain intact, unrestored, and in their original form. They are those Vehicles that have at least, in part, stood the test of time.
The Vintage Certification is designed to fill a unique niche in our hobby. It is a program that encourages the preservation of originality in all car lines and to ascribe appropriate status, recognition and appreciation of unrestored vehicles.
The Vintage Certifications are intended to promote the preservation of unrestored vehicles whether whole or in part. Vintage Certification is not for everyone. Clearly, in most competition arenas, additional points are garnered by adhering to an “end of production line” standard of correct newness. Vintage Certification on the other hand adheres to the emerging philosophy that an original car showing wear is preferable to one that is improperly restored. Vintage Certification recognizes all vehicles and encourages the owner to retain and display the car in its present condition. Collectively, Vintage Certification will represent a repository of factory correct standards by which the hobby and serious restorers can all benefit.
Vintage Certifications are divided into five award level:
- Vintage Time Capsule – Vehicles that are 85+% unrestored in all areas. – Vehicles that are 95+% unrestored in all areas.
- Vintage Legend – Vehicles that are 85+% unrestored in all areas. – Vehicles that are 85+% unrestored in all areas.
- Vintage Heritage- Vehicles that are 85+% unrestored in four areas. -Vehicles that are 85+% unrestored in at least five areas.
- Vintage Legacy – Vehicles that are 85+% unrestored in four areas. -Vehicles that are 85+% unrestored in at least four areas.
- Vintage Reference – Vehicles that are 85+% unrestored in four areas. -Vehicles that are 85+% unrestored in at least two areas.
Vintage Certifications will be evaluated in the Classic Headquarters Exhibit Hall at the Camaro Nationals, alongside the Legends and Bow Tie Classes. Space and time constraints limit the number of Vehicles able to be evaluated. For questions on available Vintage spaces at the Nationals, email: email@example.com
For Class Requirements & Criteria, Documentation & Application information, please download the information here, or go to the Vintage site: www.vintagecertification.com.
The Vintage Certification program is judged and administered by the Vintage Certification Group
95 East Meadow Road, Baiting Hollow, NY 11933 Website: www.vintagecertification.com
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 631-514-9765